BizStore » Books » Computer Networks and Internets (6th Edition)
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 672
Publication Date: 2014-01-12
Appropriate for all introductory-to-intermediate courses in computer networking, the Internet, or Internet applications; readers need no background in networking, operating systems, or advanced mathematics.
Leading networking authority Douglas Comer presents a wide-ranging, self-contained tour of the concepts, principles, and technologies that enable today’s Internet to support applications ranging from web browsing to telephony and multimedia. Comer begins by illuminating the applications and facilities offered by today’s Internet. Next, he systematically introduces the underlying network technologies and protocols that make them possible. With these concepts and technologies established, he introduces several of the most important contemporary issues faced by network implementers and managers, including quality of service, Internet telephony, multimedia, network security, and network management. Comer has carefully designed this book to support both top-down and bottom-up teaching approaches. Students need no background in operating systems, and no sophisticated math: Comer relies throughout on figures, drawings, examples, and analogies, not mathematical proofs.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students.
• Systems Analysis and Design: An Object-Oriented Approach with UML
• Concepts of Database Management
• Data Abstraction and Problem Solving with Java: Walls and Mirrors (3rd Edition)
• Software Engineering: A Practitioner's Approach
• Technology In Action Complete (13th Edition) (Evans, Martin & Poatsy, Technology in Action Series)
• Software Engineering (10th Edition)
• Murach's SQL Server 2016 for Developers
• Understanding Operating Systems
• Web Development and Design Foundations with HTML5 (8th Edition)
• Fundamentals of Database Systems (7th Edition)