BizStore » Books » Public Speaking and Civic Engagement, Books a la Carte Edition (4th Edition)
Binding: Loose Leaf
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 456
Publication Date: 2016-01-18
For courses in Public Speaking.
Public Speaking: The Cornerstone of Democratic Engagement
Public Speaking and Civic Engagement opens readers’ eyes to the critical role debate plays in democracy through the context of real-world events. With an emphasis on the importance of communication, the text teaches readers to effectively share insights and ideas, listen to those of others, and debate opinions critically as part of their responsibility as democratic citizens.
By exploring relevant topics such as technological innovation, economic trends, and social media’s impact on civic participation, the Fourth Edition stays up to date with the most current trends in our society and their effect on civic engagement. The authors continue to explore longstanding issues and their impact on civic engagement, such as the threat of terrorism in the Middle East, the European debt crisis, and domestic debates on healthcare, immigration, environmental policy, education, and other contentious issues. The text demonstrates the importance of public speaking with concrete examples in a concise and accessible format that readers can understand and enjoy.
Also available with MyCommunicationLab®
MyCommunicationLab for the Public Speaking course extends learning online to engage readers and improve results. Media resources with assignments bring concepts to life, and offer readers opportunities to practice applying what they’ve learned. Please note: this version of MyCommunicationLab does not include an eText.
Public Speaking and Civic Engagement, Fourth Edition is also available via REVEL™ , an interactive learning environment that enables users to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab™ & Mastering™ does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab & Mastering, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
• Uncoupling: Turning Points in Intimate Relationships
• The Second Shift: Working Families and the Revolution at Home
• Righteous Dopefiend (California Series in Public Anthropology)
• Unequal Childhoods: Class, Race, and Family Life, 2nd Edition with an Update a Decade Later
• i>clicker 2 Remote (with 6 month REEF Polling Access)
• REVEL for Public Speaking and Civic Engagement - Access Card (4th Edition)
• Engineering Graphics: Tools for the Mind & DVD
• Student Activities Manual for Chinese Link: Beginning Chinese, Traditional Character Version, Level 1/Part 1