BizStore » Books » The House of Rothschild: Volume 2: The World's Banker: 1849-1999
Brand: Penguin Books
Feature: Penguin Books
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Penguin Books
Manufacturer: Penguin Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 576
Publication Date: 2000-09-01
Publisher: Penguin Books
Release Date: 2000-09-01
Studio: Penguin Books
• Penguin Books
A major work of economic, social and political history, Niall Ferguson's The House of Rothschild: The World's Banker 1849-1999 is the second volume of the acclaimed, landmark history of the legendary Rothschild banking dynasty.
Niall Ferguson's House of Rothschild: Money's Prophets 1798-1848 was hailed as a "great biography" by Time magazine and named one of the best books of the year by Business Week. Now, with all the depth, clarity and drama with which he traced their ascent, Ferguson - the first historian with access to the long-lost Rothschild family archives - concludes his myth-breaking portrait of once of the most fascinating and power families of all time.
From Crimea to World War II, wars repeatedly threatened the stability of the Rothschilds' worldwide empire. Despite these many global upheavals, theirs remained the biggest bank in the world up until the First World War, their interests extending far beyond the realm of finance. Yet the Rothschilds' failure to establish themselves successfully in the United States proved fateful, and as financial power shifted from London to New York after 1914, their power waned.
Niall Ferguson's new book The Square and the Tower: Networks and Power, from the Freemasons to Facebook will be published in January 2018.
• The House of Rothschild
• The House of Morgan: An American Banking Dynasty and the Rise of Modern Finance
• The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World
• The House of Rothschild: Money's Prophets 1798-1848
• The Warburgs: The Twentieth-Century Odyssey of a Remarkable Jewish Family
• The Square and the Tower: Networks and Power, from the Freemasons to Facebook
• Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr.
• Civilization: The West and the Rest
• A History of Central Banking & The Enslavement of Mankind
• Andrew Carnegie