BizStore » Books » C++ Templates: The Complete Guide (2nd Edition)
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Addison-Wesley Professional
Manufacturer: Addison-Wesley Professional
Number Of Pages: 832
Publication Date: 2017-09-18
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional
Studio: Addison-Wesley Professional
Templates are among the most powerful features of C++, but they remain misunderstood and underutilized, even as the C++ language and development community have advanced. In C++ Templates, Second Edition, three pioneering C++ experts show why, when, and how to use modern templates to build software that’s cleaner, faster, more efficient, and easier to maintain.
Now extensively updated for the C++11, C++14, and C++17 standards, this new edition presents state-of-the-art techniques for a wider spectrum of applications. The authors provide authoritative explanations of all new language features that either improve templates or interact with them, including variadic templates, generic lambdas, class template argument deduction, compile-time if, forwarding references, and user-defined literals. They also deeply delve into fundamental language concepts (like value categories) and fully cover all standard type traits.
The book starts with an insightful tutorial on basic concepts and relevant language features. The remainder of the book serves as a comprehensive reference, focusing first on language details and then on coding techniques, advanced applications, and sophisticated idioms. Throughout, examples clearly illustrate abstract concepts and demonstrate best practices for exploiting all that C++ templates can do.
The companion website, tmplbook.com, contains sample code and additional updates.
• C++17 STL Cookbook: Discover the latest enhancements to functional programming and lambda expressions
• The C++ Standard Library: A Tutorial and Reference (2nd Edition)
• Effective Modern C++: 42 Specific Ways to Improve Your Use of C++11 and C++14
• Modern C++ Design: Generic Programming and Design Patterns Applied
• C++ High Performance: Boost and optimize the performance of your C++17 code
• A Tour of C++ (2nd Edition) (C++ In-Depth Series)
• Discovering Modern C++: An Intensive Course for Scientists, Engineers, and Programmers (C++ In-Depth Series)
• Modern C++ Programming Cookbook: Recipes to explore data structure, multithreading, and networking in C++17
• Effective STL: 50 Specific Ways to Improve Your Use of the Standard Template Library
• C++ Concurrency in Action: Practical Multithreading