BizStore » Books » International Human Resource Development: A Leadership Perspective
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 296
Publication Date: 2010-12-02
Release Date: 2010-12-02
Workforce mobility and cultural diversity within contemporary international organizations pose unique challenges for managers and HR professionals. Overcoming the challenges of developing and training such a workforce requires the ability to bridge diverse working, learning and communication styles.
In contrast with conventional organizational approaches to international HRD, International Human Resource Development: A Leadership Perspective explores workforce development from a personal perspective, challenging practitioners to develop their own leadership, learning and communication skills. As a point of departure, the book uses a demographic analysis of the workforces of a number of key countries in order to examine cultural implications for training and development, and for best practice.
Drawing on a unique anthropological perspective and complete with case studies, exercises and an extensive glossary this text will prove an important resource for students of human resource development, human resource management and international business.
• Kiss, Bow, Or Shake Hands: The Bestselling Guide to Doing Business in More Than 60 Countries
• Leadership Development Basics
• The Instructional Design Knowledge Base: Theory, Research, and Practice
• The Six Disciplines of Breakthrough Learning: How to Turn Training and Development into Business Results
• Law and Ethics in the Business Environment (Cengage Learning Legal Studies in Business)
• Diversity in the Workforce: Current Issues and Emerging Trends
• Evaluation Basics
• Chief Talent Officer
• Training Design Basics
• Active Training: A Handbook of Techniques, Designs, Case Examples, and Tips (Active Training Series)