BizStore » Books » Plant Cell and Tissue Culture in Liquid Systems (Hanser Series in Biotechnology)
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 368
Publication Date: 1993-11-04
A practical review of a technology whose time has come...
The recent surge of interest in the production of plant productsfrom cell cultures is creating increased pressure to transfer thistechnology from the laboratory to commercial practice. This book,created by four of the leading researchers in the field, isspecifically designed to help advance commercialization of plantcell culture for secondary metabolite production. It provides acohesive presentation of the principles and practical applicationsof large-scale plant cell and tissue culture techniques. Thiscomprehensive survey of the state of the art in this technology:
* Provides a practical view of plant cell and tissue culturetechniques leading to Industrial scale-up for production
* Explains important biological and metabolic components of plantcell culture
* Focuses on technical approaches for culturing a range of cells atdifferent morphological levels
* Details engineering principles of gas transfer in bioreactorsystems
* Gives basis for intelligent choice of appropriate bioreactorsystems
* Examines proven strategies in useful case studies
* Lists extensive references for each chapter
* Identifies critical areas for frontier research
The vast body of knowledge contained in this book will betremendously useful to biotechnologists, biochemical engineers,industrial microbiologists, plant biologists, pharmaceutical andfood industry specialists, and fragrance and flavor manufacturers.