BizStore » Books » Complete Cat Care Manual
Brand: DK ADULT
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 192
Publication Date: 2006-04-17
Release Date: 2006-04-17
Covering everything cat owners need to know, this practical guide to looking after the most popular pet in the United States is the perfect reference for any cat lover. The Complete Cat Care Manual provides detailed information on the day-to-day care of kittens and adult cats, including feeding, training, handling, exercising, essential equipment, and grooming. Detailed chapters outline the reasons behind behavioral problems, such as eating houseplants and scratching furniture, and provide tips for changing unacceptable behavior.
Health problems are completely detailed with anatomical diagrams, diagnostic charts, and illustrations that identify symptoms and treatments. Step-by-step instructions teach all the techniques needed to nurse a sick animal or administer emergency first aid. Hundreds of remarkable color photographs, specially commissioned for this book, detail every aspect of a cat’s life.
The material is based on extensive research. Dr. Bruce Fogle, a leading specialist in pet behavior, has observed hundreds of cats during his years a veterinary surgeon. He identifies how cats communicate through posture, body language, facial expressions, “speaking” (meowing and hissing), and rituals like rubbing, swatting, and grooming. He discusses the differences between learned behavior and instinctual action, the importance of a cat’s sensory perceptions like smell, touch, and sound—and when a cat’s eccentricities are due to genetics or are merely a matter of individual temperament.
Endorsed by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
• The Cat Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions, Troubleshooting Tips, and Advice on Lifetime Maintenance (Quirk Books)
• ASPCA Complete Guide to Cats: Everything You Need to Know About Choosing and Caring for Your Pet (Aspc Complete Guide to)
• Think Like a Cat: How to Raise a Well-Adjusted Cat--Not a Sour Puss
• How to Speak Cat: A Guide to Decoding Cat Language
• Complete Kitten Care
• Cat Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook, Fully Revised and Updated
• Total Cat Mojo: The Ultimate Guide to Life with Your Cat
• Cat vs. Cat: Keeping Peace When You Have More Than One Cat
• 101 Essential Tips: Cat Care
• The Cat Behavior Answer Book: Practical Insights & Proven Solutions for Your Feline Questions