BizStore » Books » The Art of Followership: How Great Followers Create Great Leaders and Organizations
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 416
Publication Date: 2008-01-28
• Used Book in Good Condition
The Art of Followership puts dynamic leader-follower interaction at the forefront of discussion. It examines the multiple roles followers play and their often complex relationship to leaders. With contributions from leading scholars and practitioners from the burgeoning field of leadership/followership studies, this groundbreaking book outlines how followers contribute to effective leadership and to organizations overall.
Drawing from various disciplines?from philosophy, to psychology and management, to education?the book defines followership and its myriad meanings. The Art of Followership explores the practice and research that promote positive followership and reveals the part that followers play in setting the standards and formulating the culture and policies of the group.
The contributors include new models of followership and explore fresh perspectives on the contributions that followers make to groups, organizations, societies, and leaders. The book also explores the most current research on followership and includes insights and perspectives on the future of leader-follower relationships.
• The Courageous Follower: Standing Up to and for Our Leaders
• Followership: How Followers Are Creating Change and Changing Leaders (Center for Public Leadership)
• Leading for a Lifetime: How Defining Moments Shape Leaders of Today and Tomorrow
• LEADERSHIP: Essential Selections on Power, Authority, and Influence
• The SAGE Handbook of Leadership (Sage Handbooks)
• Diagnosing and Changing Organizational Culture: Based on the Competing Values Framework
• Organizational Culture and Leadership (The Jossey-Bass Business & Management Series)
• The Oxford Handbook of Positive Organizational Scholarship (Oxford Library of Psychology)
• The Allure of Toxic Leaders: Why We Follow Destructive Bosses and Corrupt Politicians--and How We Can Survive Them
• Organization Theory: Modern, Symbolic, and Postmodern Perspectives