BizStore » Books » Foundations of Couples, Marriage, and Family Counseling
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 544
Publication Date: 2015-03-02
A comprehensive and practical approach to the world of marriage,couples, and family counseling
Esteemed academics David Capuzzi and Mark D. Stauffer presentthe theory, research, and real-life practice of today's counselorsand therapists in family therapy settings. Aligned with the Councilfor Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs(CACREP) and Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and FamilyTherapy Education (COAMFTE), this useful text covers foundationalteaching important to readers, but also critical modern topics notincluded in other texts, such as sexuality, trauma, divorce,domestic violence, and addictions, filial play therapy, and usingcommunity genograms to position culture and context in familytherapy.
With a unique focus on practical applications, the bookdiscusses the major family therapy theories, and provides graduatestudents and post-graduate learners in counseling, mental health,and behavioral health fields the skills and techniques they need tohelp couples and families as part of their work in a variety ofhelping environments. Each chapter contains case studies andanecdotes that help readers think critically about the issues theyare likely to deal with as clinicians.
Written by recognized and respected contributors, this bookhelps readers see the connection between what they know and whathappens in couples and family counseling sessions. Readerswill:
Family and couples counseling presents a complex interplay ofvarious factors inherent to each individual, the dynamic interplaybetween each person's issues, and the outside influences that shapebehavior. Foundations of Couples, Marriage, and FamilyCounseling helps readers sort out the complexity and guideclients toward lasting resolution.
• Sexuality Counseling: Theory, Research, and Practice (Counseling and Professional Identity)
• Doing Family Therapy, Third Edition: Craft and Creativity in Clinical Practice
• Families and Family Therapy
• Counseling Research: A Practitioner-Scholar Approach
• Proposal Writing: Effective Grantsmanship for Funding (SAGE Sourcebooks for the Human Services)
• The Marriage Clinic: A Scientifically Based Marital Therapy (Norton Professional Books (Hardcover))
• The Making of a Therapist (Norton Professional Books)
• Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy: An Integrative Approach
• Doing Family Therapy, Second Edition: Craft and Creativity in Clinical Practice (The Guilford Family Therapy Series)
• Ethics and Professional Issues in Couple and Family Therapy