BizStore » Books » Foundations of Couples, Marriage, and Family Counseling
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 544
Publication Date: 2015-03-02
A comprehensive and practical approach to the world of marriage, couples, and family counseling
Esteemed academics David Capuzzi and Mark D. Stauffer present the theory, research, and real-life practice of today's counselors and therapists in family therapy settings. Aligned with the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) and Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE), this useful text covers foundational teaching important to readers, but also critical modern topics not included in other texts, such as sexuality, trauma, divorce, domestic violence, and addictions, filial play therapy, and using community genograms to position culture and context in family therapy.
With a unique focus on practical applications, the book discusses the major family therapy theories, and provides graduate students and post-graduate learners in counseling, mental health, and behavioral health fields the skills and techniques they need to help couples and families as part of their work in a variety of helping environments. Each chapter contains case studies and anecdotes that help readers think critically about the issues they are likely to deal with as clinicians.
Written by recognized and respected contributors, this book helps readers see the connection between what they know and what happens in couples and family counseling sessions. Readers will:
Family and couples counseling presents a complex interplay of various factors inherent to each individual, the dynamic interplay between each person's issues, and the outside influences that shape behavior. Foundations of Couples, Marriage, and Family Counseling helps readers sort out the complexity and guide clients toward lasting resolution.
• Sexuality Counseling: Theory, Research, and Practice (Counseling and Professional Identity)
• Counseling Research: A Practitioner-Scholar Approach
• Doing Family Therapy, Third Edition: Craft and Creativity in Clinical Practice
• Doing Family Therapy, Second Edition: Craft and Creativity in Clinical Practice (The Guilford Family Therapy Series)
• Families and Family Therapy
• Career Counseling: Foundations, Perspectives, and Applications
• Encyclopedia of Counseling (Volume 1)
• Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome: America's Legacy of Enduring Injury and Healing
• Ethics and Professional Issues in Couple and Family Therapy
• The Marriage Clinic: A Scientifically Based Marital Therapy (Norton Professional Books (Hardcover))