BizStore » Books » The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World
Edition: First Edition
Format: Deckle Edge
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Flatiron Books
Manufacturer: Flatiron Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 288
Publication Date: 2019-04-23
Publisher: Flatiron Books
Release Date: 2019-04-23
Studio: Flatiron Books
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
“The Moment of Lift is an urgent call to courage. It changed how I think about myself, my family, my work, and what’s possible in the world. Melinda weaves together vulnerable, brave storytelling and compelling data to make this one of those rare books that you carry in your heart and mind long after the last page.”
― Brené Brown, Ph.D., author of the New York Times #1 bestseller Dare to Lead
"Melinda Gates's book is a lesson in listening. A powerful, poignant, and ultimately humble call to arms." ― Tara Westover, author of the New York Times #1 bestseller Educated
“How can we summon a moment of lift for human beings – and especially for women? Because when you lift up women, you lift up humanity.”
For the last twenty years, Melinda Gates has been on a mission to find solutions for people with the most urgent needs, wherever they live. Throughout this journey, one thing has become increasingly clear to her: If you want to lift a society up, you need to stop keeping women down.
In this moving and compelling book, Melinda shares lessons she’s learned from the inspiring people she’s met during her work and travels around the world. As she writes in the introduction, “That is why I had to write this book―to share the stories of people who have given focus and urgency to my life. I want all of us to see ways we can lift women up where we live.”
Melinda’s unforgettable narrative is backed by startling data as she presents the issues that most need our attention―from child marriage to lack of access to contraceptives to gender inequity in the workplace. And, for the first time, she writes about her personal life and the road to equality in her own marriage. Throughout, she shows how there has never been more opportunity to change the world―and ourselves.
Writing with emotion, candor, and grace, she introduces us to remarkable women and shows the power of connecting with one another.
When we lift others up, they lift us up, too.
• No hay vuelta atrás: El poder de las mujeres para cambiar el mundo / The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World (Spanish Edition)
• The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience
• Summary & Analysis of The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World | A Guide to the Book by Melinda Gates
• Educated: A Memoir
• WOLFPACK: How to Come Together, Unleash Our Power, and Change the Game
• The Path Made Clear: Discovering Your Life's Direction and Purpose
• Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World--and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
• Where the Crawdads Sing
• Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know about the People We Don't Know
• Inside of a Dog: What Dogs See, Smell, and Know