BizStore » Books » Esperanto (the Universal Language): The Student's Complete Text Book; Containing Full Grammar, Exercises, Conversations, Commercial Letters, and Two Vocabularies (Classic Reprint)
BizStore » Book
Esperanto (the Universal Language): The Student's Complete Text Book; Containing Full Grammar, Exercises, Conversations, Commercial Letters, and Two Vocabularies (Classic Reprint)
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Forgotten Books
Manufacturer: Forgotten Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 178
Publication Date: 2015-06-04
Publisher: Forgotten Books
Release Date: 2015-06-04
Studio: Forgotten Books
Excerpt from Esperanto (the Universal Language): The Student's Complete Text Book; Containing Full Grammar, Exercises, Conversations, Commercial Letters, and Two Vocabularies
This revised edition of my Grammar of the Auxiliary International Language, "Esperanto" - the first published for English readers - has had the great advantage of the personal supervision and official approval of the founder, Dr. Zamenhof.
That it has been prepared to supply a want is not a mere façon de parler. Prior to the appearance of the first edition hundreds of inquirers, from most widely separated sections at home and abroad had written urgently requesting a grammar suitable for English students. These inquirers, for the most part, came to know of the existence of "Esperanto" through the medium of pamphlets, leaflets, letters in the public Press, etc., which could give, of necessity, only the merest idea and outline of the language.
In compiling a book to meet this demand my chief desire and aim has been to prepare a Grammar, which, while being complete in all its parts and containing everything that is necessary for a sound knowledge of the language, should be brief, clear, full, but not redundant.
About the Publisher
Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com
This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
• Beginning Esperanto Workbook
• English-Esperanto-English Dictionary (2010 Edition)
• La Hobito, aŭ, Tien kaj Reen: The Hobbit in Esperanto (Esperanto Edition)
• Esperanto: Learning and Using the International Language
• La Aventuroj de Alico en Mirlando: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland in Esperanto (Esperanto Edition)
• Step by Step in Esperanto: A Textbook for English-Speaking Students for Class Teaching or Home Study With Graduated Reading Matter Numerous Exercises, and Index
• Esperanto Learning and Using the International Language
• A Complete Grammar of Esperanto
• English-Esperanto Dictionary (Classic Reprint)
• Bridge of Words: Esperanto and the Dream of a Universal Language