BizStore » Books » Don't Pick On Me: Help for Kids to Stand Up to and Deal with Bullies (Instant Help)
Brand: Instant Help
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Instant Help
Manufacturer: Instant Help
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 136
Publication Date: 2010-03-01
Publisher: Instant Help
Studio: Instant Help
Bullying is an ever-present reality that all children experience at some point in their lives, and often it has consequences that spread far beyond childhood. Left unaddressed, excessive teasing and bullying can damage a child's self-esteem and contribute to feelings of depression and anxiety.
Now that bullying has moved from face-to-face encounters to the world of the Internet, it is more important than ever to arm kids with skills that can help protect them from the bullies they are certain to encounter. The activities in this book will help your children learn effective strategies to use when faced with teasing, name-calling, cyber-bullying, gossiping, and other forms of bullying and harassment.
Don't Pick On Me is filled with ten-minute activities and exercises you and your child can do together to learn how to effectively and safely stand up to a bully. These skills will build self-confidence and self-esteem--assets that will serve your child well through the teenage years and into adulthood.
• Cool, Calm, and Confident: A Workbook to Help Kids Learn Assertiveness Skills
• Let's Be Friends: A Workbook to Help Kids Learn Social Skills and Make Great Friends
• Learning to Listen, Learning to Care: A Workbook to Help Kids Learn Self-Control and Empathy
• I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Mad: A Workbook to Help Kids Control Their Anger
• The ADHD Workbook for Kids: Helping Children Gain Self-Confidence, Social Skills, and Self-Control (Instant Help)
• My Feeling Better Workbook: Help for Kids Who Are Sad and Depressed
• The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook for Kids: Help for Children to Cope with Stress, Anxiety, and Transitions (Instant Help)
• Why Did You Die?: Activities to Help Children Cope with Grief and Loss
• The Anxiety Workbook for Kids: Take Charge of Fears and Worries Using the Gift of Imagination
• Say Goodbye to Being Shy: A Workbook to Help Kids Overcome Shyness