BizStore » Books » The Anxiety Workbook for Kids: Take Charge of Fears and Worries Using the Gift of Imagination
BizStore » Book
The Anxiety Workbook for Kids: Take Charge of Fears and Worries Using the Gift of Imagination
Brand: Alter Robin
Feature: The Anxiety Workbook for Kids Take Charge of Fears and Worries Using the Gift of Imagination
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Instant Help
Manufacturer: Instant Help
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 136
Publication Date: 2016-09-01
Publisher: Instant Help
Studio: Instant Help
• The Anxiety Workbook for Kids Take Charge of Fears and Worries Using the Gift of Imagination
Anxiety in children is on the rise, and recent research has uncovered a link between highly imaginative children and anxiety. Using engaging illustrations and fun activities based in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), one of the most proven-effective and widely used forms of therapy today, this Instant Help workbook presents a unique approach to help children harness the power of their imaginations to reduce anxiety and build self-esteem.
Millions of children suffer from anxiety, which can be extremely limiting, causing kids to miss school, opt out of activities with friends, and refuse to speak or participate in a variety of situations. Furthermore, children who are diagnosed with anxiety or brought into therapy often feel embarrassed about not being “normal.” Focusing on the problem of anxiety can stress kids out and make them feel ashamed. But when the focus is on their strengths and their vivid imaginations, children are empowered to face their anxiety head-on.
The Anxiety Workbook for Kids is a fun and unique workbook grounded in evidence-based CBT and designed to help children understand their anxious thoughts within a positive framework—a perspective that will allow kids to see themselves as the highly imaginative individuals they are, and actually appreciate the role imagination plays in their anxiety. With this workbook, children will learn that, just as they are capable of envisioning vivid scenarios that fuel their anxiety, they are capable of using their imagination to move away from anxious thoughts and become the boss of their own worries.
With engaging CBT-based activities, games, and illustrations—and with a focus on imagination training and developing skills like problem solving, assertiveness, positive thinking, body awareness, relaxation, and mindfulness—this book will help kids stand up to worry and harness the power of their imagination for good.
• The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook for Kids: Help for Children to Cope with Stress, Anxiety, and Transitions (Instant Help)
• Anxiety Relief for Kids: On-the-Spot Strategies to Help Your Child Overcome Worry, Panic, and Avoidance
• My Feeling Better Workbook: Help for Kids Who Are Sad and Depressed
• Don't Let Your Emotions Run Your Life for Kids: A DBT-Based Skills Workbook to Help Children Manage Mood Swings, Control Angry Outbursts, and Get Along with Others
• I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Mad: A Workbook to Help Kids Control Their Anger
• What to Do When You Worry Too Much: A Kid's Guide to Overcoming Anxiety (What to Do Guides for Kids)
• Let's Be Friends: A Workbook to Help Kids Learn Social Skills and Make Great Friends
• Helping Your Anxious Child: A Step-by-Step Guide for Parents
• The ADHD Workbook for Kids: Helping Children Gain Self-Confidence, Social Skills, and Self-Control (Instant Help)
• Cool, Calm, and Confident: A Workbook to Help Kids Learn Assertiveness Skills