BizStore » Books » Cyberspace in Peace and War (Transforming War)
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Naval Institute Press
Manufacturer: Naval Institute Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 496
Publication Date: 2016-10-15
Publisher: Naval Institute Press
Release Date: 2016-10-15
Studio: Naval Institute Press
In a world in which cyberspace is becoming every country's center of gravity, the issue of cyberwar can no longer be ignored. Cyberspace in Peace and War is the first comprehensive, instructional guide to the challenge of cyberwar: how to conduct it but, more importantly, how to avoid it using a mix of cybersecurity policies coupled with deterrence, escalation, signaling, and norms strategies. The result of over twenty years of analysis and assessment by author Martin C. Libicki, this text should be of particular interest to those concerned with the current and future challenges that face the digital frontier. Though written from a U.S. perspective, the principles discussed are globally relevant.
Cyberspace in Peace and War presents a comprehensive understanding of cybersecurity, cyberwar, and cyber terrorism. From basic concepts to advanced principles, Libicki examines the sources and consequences of system compromises, addresses how cybersecurity policies can strengthen countries defenses--leaving them less susceptible to cyberattack, and explores cybersecurity in the context of military operations, highlighting unique aspects of the digital battleground and strategic uses of cyberwar. He provides the technical and geopolitical foundations of cyberwar necessary to understand the policies, operations, and strategies required for safeguarding an increasingly online infrastructure.
Cyberspace in Peace and War guides readers through the complexities of cybersecurity and cyberwar and challenges them to understand the topics in new ways.
• Tallinn Manual 2.0 on the International Law Applicable to Cyber Operations
• The Cybersecurity Dilemma: Hacking, Trust and Fear Between Nations
• Tubes: A Journey to the Center of the Internet
• The Decision to Attack: Military and Intelligence Cyber Decision-Making (Studies in Security and International Affairs Ser.)
• Cybersecurity and Cyberwar: What Everyone Needs to Know®
• Cyberspace and National Security: Threats, Opportunities, and Power in a Virtual World
• Chief: My Journey Thru Iraq at the Peak of War
• What Is the Worst That Could Happen? The Politics and Policy of Crisis Management
• Shoot Like a Girl: One Woman's Dramatic Fight in Afghanistan and on the Home Front
• Cyber Mercenaries: The State, Hackers, and Power